Wintergreen essential oil has a sweet, minty scent and contains profound soothing properties. Most commonly used in topical application for its soothing effect on the skin or aromatically for its refreshing, uplifting, and stimulating aroma, Wintergreen essential oil is an important essential oil basic.
Wintergreen essential oil is sourced in Nepal through the doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing®program.
Why should I add Wintergreen essential oil to my collection? Wintergreen essential oil and Birch oil are the only two plants in the entire world that naturally contain methyl salicylate. As the main component of Wintergreen oil, methyl salicylate provides a cooling sensation totally unique to this minty essential oil.
- Massage one drop Wintergreen oil into neck and shoulders for an invigorating, uplifting aroma.
- Combine one drop Wintergreen oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil to add a skin-soothing and cooling sensation to an invigorating massage.
- Massage two drops Wintergreen oil into the reflex points of feet before bed for a cooling sensation on the skin.
- Add one drop Wintergreen oil to a warm bath for a relaxing environment.
- Apply two to three drops Wintergreen oil to a cotton ball and add to a gym bag, trash can, or other enclosed areas to freshen the air.
- Diffuse three to four drops Wintergreen oil for a sweet, uplifting aroma.
- Combine two drops Wintergreen oil with two drops Citrus Bliss® oil and diffuse for an energizing aroma.
Directions for Use
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Provides a relaxing aroma during a massage
- Has a sweet, uplifting, energizing aroma
- Freshens air
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.